Pages

Saturday, May 25, 2013

THE BEST SOURCES OF ADVICE ON HOW TO GET A TEACHING JOB!



John Zeck was a teacher for 40 years in the Camden County School District and now serves as a consultant for new teachers in the district. He is my teacher mentor, a dear friend, and a great resource for wisdom and guidance. Recently, he shared some of his insights on the topic of finding a teaching job with me, since I am trying to help a friend. Then, being the awesome guy that he is, he sent me some online resources. 

Here are some of the sources he sent me for sound advice about finding a teaching job, most of which can also be found on Larry Ferlazzo's edublog http://larryferlazzo.edublogs.org/ (feel free to suggest more links and resources):

What Principals Look For In A Prospective Teacher is a column from my Education Week 
Teacher blog that was published last year.


How to Find Your Dream Teaching Job is by Heather Wolpert-Gawron.

Six Steps to Landing Your First Teaching Job is from the National Education Association.

FAQs About Teachers’ Employment is also from the NEA.


No comments:

Post a Comment