Pages

Monday, February 18, 2013

HAPPY PRESIDENTS DAY!


HAPPY PRESIDENTS DAY!


To celebrate Presidents Day, I went to see the film Lincoln, and I must say that I was thoroughly impressed by Daniel Day-Lewis and his amazing portrayal of Abraham Lincoln as the husband, the father, and the 16th President of the United States. Sally Field was also great as Mary Todd. The entire cast was a who's who of Hollywood players, and they were all terrific in their respective roles as historical figures. James Spader was very entertaining! I also found it so very interesting that despite already knowing the outcomes to the different plot lines within the narrative, made common knowledge due to formal education, the story was still so utterly dramatic and gripping that I was on the edge of my seat. Steven Spielberg does a masterful job crafting this real story into the world of cinema and delivers a film of great historical significance and surely one of the best films of his legendary career. Lincoln would be proud if he were in the theatre. Then again, I don't think he would be caught dead in another theatre! One is enough. Too soon? Anyway, if you haven't seen the film yet, check it out! LINCOLN is awesome! Bravo!

No comments:

Post a Comment