Pages

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Heroes of Village at Voorhees 1/1/11

I GOT TO PLAY HERO TONIGHT! Most years start with a bang...2011 started with a fire. Luckily, my cousin's wife saw the flames coming out of the apartment window and promptly alerted us (we were in my cousin's apartment right next door to the blaze), at which time we called 911 and proceeded to evacuate the entire apartment building, running door to door and pulling people out. We had some emergency exits that were quite memorable, including a half-naked granny that took a leap of faith from her balcony into our arms. I thought the UFC title fight we had just finished watching was intense, but it paled in comparison. I am so very proud of my family members - Uncle Tom, Aunt Vicky, cousins Tommy Williams and his wife Sarah, Jonathan Williams and his girlfriend Jenna, and my sister Katelyn Williams and her boyfriend Mark Richway - for stepping up and helping to "save the day" for the unfortunate and unsuspecting victims of this apartment fire in Voorhees. YOU ARE HEROES. Tonight, we saved lives. Tonight, we made a difference. As a result, these people will see tomorrow.

 
ABC Channel 6 Action News - Copyright 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment