Pages

Friday, August 6, 2010

Patrick Higgins Workshop - Thinking Behind the Writing 8/6/2010

 Today, I had the great opportunity of exploring the world of 21st century education with Patrick Higgins (@pjhiggins). His workshop, Thinking Behind the Writing, was very powerful and provided for a great professional development opportunity for all involved. I wish there were more leaders in education like Patrick, possessing great enthusiasm for technology, knowledge of content, and the ability to communicate the essential nature of our goals as teachers. I FEEL INSPIRED! He is a great presenter and I encourage all of you to look into any workshop dates at which he is presenting, subscribe to his blog (Chalkdust101), and follow him on Twitter (@pjhiggins).



HERE I HAVE LISTED MY TWEETS DURING THE WORKSHOP (all of which contain links to valuable tools and resources):

I'm at a Patrick Higgins (@pjhiggins) workshop learning about the Culture of Availability by Renny Gleeson via @tedtalk http://bit.ly/... #camdenwriting1




"I think we're in the midst of a literacy revolution..." -A.Lunsford ---> Clive Thompson on the New Literacy  http://bit.ly/9j3XV0  @pjhiggins #camdenwriting1




@pjhigginsis showing us how Shelly Blake-Plock (@teachpaperless) provides feedback on writing An Example of Jing Used to Comment On Student Work Online #camdenwriting1



Live Writing for Real Audiences via @pjhiggins http://bit.ly/9YY6lx...  #camdenwriting1



Patrick Higgins shared an article with us on Mt Olive and their elimination of the D letter grade. Then, he had us create a Google Doc expressing our views on it. Check out my Google Doc!
I created this survey using Google Forms while we were in session at Patrick Higgins' Thinking Behind the Writing Workshop today. I encourage all of you to take the survey. Your responses are greatly appreciated!
21st CENTURY EDUCATION - TEACHER SURVEY


Patrick used TodaysMeet to facillitate and record our conversation at the workshop. You can access the full transcript of what was said by clicking the link provided.

1 comment:

  1. Frank,

    Thanks for the complete list of all of the tweets here, and for the high praise. The workshop has given me lots to think about in terms of how the two groups responded and the content they created. I am going to re-structure things a little bit if I do this one again--not for anything that was negative; however, there are always things that come out of workshops that make you change the way you approach things.

    Regardless, it was a fun morning, and I look forward to seeing you at the next one.

    ReplyDelete